Description: This position can be based out of Aurora CO, Pasadena CA, Oakland CA, or Renton WA.
Performs and participates in planning various and diverse operational and financial audits, reviews and special projects.
- Leads the field execution of diverse audits, reviews, and special projects. Drives the audit planning process by identifying key risks and assessment of project scope alternatives to identify an appropriate testing approach.
- Leads the planning, scheduling, and field supervision of assigned audit projects. Ensures projects are moving forward by working effectively with client and IAS management.
- Efficiently and effectively leads the audit team to successful project completion.
- Identifies, suggests, and helps implement new/improved audit approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Ensures that all work-papers prepared as part of the audit engagement include sufficient evidence to supportaudit conclusions, and meet IIA Standards/IAS policies.
- Professionally communicates scope, purpose, and conclusions both verbally and in writing.
- Actively coach staff and deliver feedback throughout the audit engagement.
- Support development of the assigned practice area by actively contributing perspective to the team's priorities and risk assessments, identifying areas where further research and development would be value-added, creating audit tools, establishing client relationships, and identifying and sharing relevant information.
- Minimum five (5) years of auditing or comparable experiencerequired; to include increasing levels of internal project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, information systems or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to plan, supervise & perform integrated audits and data analysis, and effectively utilize general audit software such as ACL, AutoAudit, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build & lead a cohesive audit team, and mentor audit staff.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with middle management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
Job Number: 620455