Summary/Objective: Responsible for every aspect of the business for an area of company-owned restaurants (between 6 - 10 locations): P&L accountability and responsibility; facility management; local store marketing; inventory control (product & food cost); employee life cycle: selecting, hiring, training, developing, and retaining General Managers, Assistant General Manager, and Catering Operations Supervisors. Ensure operational plans and deployments are executed within established guidelines. Ensure the region’s corporate assets are properly maintained and safeguarded, and reasonable return on investment for building and equipment capital expenditures.
- Leads the area with integrity and facilitates a focus on the Company’s mission and values.
- Ensures desired results are simultaneously achieved in the test process, base business and catering.
- Ensures operational programs and deployments are executed according to established guidelines.
- Provides clear and consistent direction to General Managers by conducting regular meetings and/or conference calls.
- Develops and consistently delivers profitable P&L’s for every assigned restaurant.
- Constantly increases sales and transactions by developing short term marketing plans.
- Safeguards company assets and ensures return on investment for building and equipment expenses.
- Conducts quarterly compliance audits to include but not limited to: safety, security, cash shortages, staggered open and close procedures, and loss compliance.
- Effectively attracts, identifies, interviews, selects, and hires individuals for the General Managers and Assistant General Managers positions that are the best fit and most qualified for the business.
- Conducts onboarding, and off boarding activities and identifies problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and suggests solutions.
- Constantly challenges and inspires General and Assistant General Managers to achieve successful business results.
- Builds and maintains an effective team of General and Assistant General Managers through training, and development; provides meaningful and timely performance and behavioral feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies, develops, and retains key employees by implementing succession plans for high potential General and Assistant General Managers.
- Coaches General Managers in restaurant employee recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure restaurants are properly staffed, turnover goals are met, and succession planning is in place.
- Creates a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments.
- Prevents employee relation issues by consistently executing human resources practices and ensuring guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Offers assistance and guidance to restaurant managers to settle work-related conflicts with employees through advice and recommendation.
- Investigates escalated employee relations issues and according to circumstances, provides recommendations for problem resolution with HR partner and implements decision.
- Ensures flawless execution of catering orders.
- Reinforces the compliance of all company policies and procedures (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.).
- Effectively handles and manages confidential and sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Effective Communication, written and oral
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Financial & Business Acumen
Teamwork & Collaboration
This position is responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, developing, and managing the performance of the General and Assistant General Managers and Catering Operations Supervisors.
- Significant amount of time driving to and working in restaurant locations.
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team members’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to load and spit chicken, stock shelves, serve customers, and clean the restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours and days are dependent on business needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel significantly within the region.
- Ability to work extensive hours.
- 2 years’ experience with using a PC and MS Office Suite.
- 2 years’ experience working in a fast paced environment.
- 2 years’ experience managing effective vendor relationships.
- 3 years’ experience success in surpassing bottom line goals and objectives.
- 3 years’ experience meeting and or exceeding customer service overall satisfaction results.
- 3 years’ experience in delegating, holding direct reports accountable, and communicating across a dispersed group of restaurant managers.
- 3 years’ management or leadership experience coaching and mentoring team members.
- 3 years’ experience identifying team members with high potential and developing them into successful leaders.
- 4 years’ experience in hiring and staffing, training, and the on-going management of restaurant staff.
- 4 years’ experience overseeing applicable restaurant regulatory areas, to include: employee safety, food safety, HAACP, wage and hours, immigration, etc.
- 4 years’ of consistent performance reviews of meeting or exceeding standards.
- 5 years’ experience managing 5+ units.
- 5 years’ experience analyzing financials, maintaining cost control systems, and business planning.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Successful completion of the Boston Market AMIT program.
- 2 years’ experience managing 10+ units.
- 3 years’ experience in hiring and staffing, training, and the on-going management of a multi-lingual restaurant staff.
Req #: 1791922