Positon Overview: The Embedded Controls Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to develop embedded software and control systems for Industrial Sector programs and will direct, develop, and implement strategic and tactical plans for execution of controls and embedded Software development programs and IR&D projects. The Embedded Controls Manager is responsible for driving common software & control strategies, processes, tools and technical expertise across the organization and leveraging engineering resources around the world. This position is also responsible for interfacing with group-level businesses and system engineering to determine product strategies and roadmaps. The Embedded Controls Manager will lead and direct development of a global team of software and controls engineers directly and indirectly in the U.S., Europe and India. Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and coach a global team of software and controls engineering professionals in core technology development.
- Scope resource demands for various IS projects including the technical volume content for proposals as well as initial project development plans, resource plans, and risk assessment for proposal activities.
- Resource staffing and development of global software and controls engineering team.
- Drive common software and control development tools and processes.
- Work in a matrixed environment with Regional COE Management.
- Interface with product teams, suppliers, customers and external consultants/contractors.
- Contribute to definition of global software and controls strategy and roadmap.
- Develop global core technical competencies in software and controls Engineering.
- Project Planning.
- Execute Product Improvement and Cost Reduction projects.
- Develop individual goals / development plans for controls engineers and conduct performance reviews.
- Manage appropriate protection of intellectual property relating to software and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of technical experience with controls and/or software engineering.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in electrical or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in industrial or automotive control system design and development
- Experience in the design and development of new or improved products, problem solving, project management and customer interfaces
- 5 year technical experience using Mathworks Simulink and Stateflow tool set for embedded controls development
- 2 years technical experience in developing diagnostics and degraded mode functionality.
- Experience in creating physics based powertrain system models.
- Formal training in Functional Safety requirements (e.g. ISO26262 or IEC61508).
Requisition ID: 036065