- Directs and leads the overall operations of the Purdue University Northwest Procurement, Contract and Auxiliary Services units at both our Hammond and Westville, IN campuses to ensure all activities related to the procurement of goods and services are performed in strict accord with policies, rules, regulations and sound business practices.
- Provide direct supervision to Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services, Assistant Director of Procurement, Contract Administrator, Procurement Clerks and Accounts Payable Clerks. Responsible for personnel hiring, supervision and evaluations.
- Oversees the administering of procurement functions, including but not limited to: issuance and evaluation of bids and Request For Proposal (RFP); contracts and spend analytics.
- Consults and advises internal stakeholders and suppliers on university regulations, state statutes, policies, procedures and financial accountability.
- Administers the Purdue University Northwest contracting process to include the preparation, negotiation, execution and administration of contracts.
- Leads operational and financial oversight of the Purdue University Northwest Auxiliary Services.
- Manages the e-Purchasing System and Purchasing Credit Card program.
- Serve on various campus committees and perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred. Six years of progressively increased supervisory or management responsibility and experience involving procurement duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, ensuring compliance with federal and state procurement laws and regulations. Higher education experience preferred. Skilled in managing staff. Possess strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to provide exceptional customer service. Knowledge of the public procurement process, best practices and procedures. Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines and work independently with consultative supervision. Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) Preferred. This position will be required to regularly travel between campuses and will have offices on both campus locations.
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check.