PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES of The ROLE:
- Prepare and execute a coordinated annual sales plan (December) to establish key information on each account assigned and all new opportunities. Assure that such plans are compatible with local, regional and national sales objectives and that this plan execution will achieve goals and objectives established.
- Conduct a formal annual review with every assigned distributor and determine their effectiveness, profitability (to Ashcroft), and growth expectations. Establish targets, goals and objectives with those who are progressing and recommend actions for under-performers. Develop and maintain good working relationships with all key distributor personnel including executive management.
- Actively pursue and close all leads assigned and report regularly on their progress. (Joint function with Inside Sales).
- Provide product and application training for distributors and customers where a measurable return is expected for time and dollar resources utilized.
- Communicate often and directly to Sales Management, Marketing, Engineering and other parts of the organization on important issues including: Target Successes, Operations Performance, Market Conditions, Competitive Activity, New product opportunities, Support requirements to accomplish objectives, Distributor requirements, Work and follow the sales process at all levels and contacts (user, distributor, and manufacturer) to insure results are obtained.
- Work effectively to influence product specifications towards our product strengths.
- Maximize Ashcroft’s profit margins for all customers and distributors.
- Maintain a specified percentage of sales from new products each year (to be designated in annual review and sales plan).
- Practice good time management skills focused on increasing actual selling time and reducing administrative and non-productive time (targets will be set in annual review).
- Develop and practice regular prospecting techniques to insure a sufficient amount of new sales opportunities are being pursued at all times (balanced pipeline)
- Participate in continuing improvement processes and self-education programs to attain company and personal business objectives.
- Recommend product and service ideas that will help customers and increase revenue.
- Promptly promote and sell all new products to ensure new productsales are achieved quickly and meet targets.
- Evaluate and monitor territory seal assemblers for proper equipment, certifications and use of authorized components.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED
- BS Degree in Marketing or Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven expertise and experience in the sales of measurement and control products supplemented with a four year university degree (preferred in engineering), or equivalent practical experience.
- Capable of working effectively with existing accounts and their personnel involved in specifying, selecting and purchasing the Company's products as well as distributors and target accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of our Company's products, their applications, features and benefits and a thorough knowledge of all market segments in which the products are applied and sold to.
- Proven ability to work independently and on teams to accomplish targeted booking objectives.
- Expertise in interpreting and writing specifications and in negotiating and closing orders.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct instructional and promotional training and seminars involving the technical aspects and application of the Company’s products.
- High level of computer skills are required especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Oracle CRM.
Ashcroft Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Please note: The position requires U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident or granted Asylee/Refugeestatus under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales of measurement and control products: 8years
- Territory Sales/Management: 8years
- Channel Sales: 7years