Project Billing Specialist | Nashville, TN
Share your passion. Fulfill your potential. At Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P), our people are the heart of our organization and it is through their talent, dedication and passion that we are able to accomplish extraordinary things on behalf of our clients and within our communities. And, we are committed to providing our employees a workplace that supports continued professional growth and opportunity within a culture that values a sense of belonging and community. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go and the difference you can make with the right resources behind you. Sound good? Keep reading.
Successful candidates should be able to:
- Create and maintain complete contract invoicing terms and system setups for each project.
- Maintain billing/perm files for all client invoices.
- Generate and verify invoices in system according to billing terms and project manager direction.
- Prepare off-system invoices when required using excel spreadsheet according to project manager instructions.
- Reconcile net revenue at month end close and prepare proper reporting for management; Assist project managers with questions and research as needed.
- Research missing backup required for client invoices.
- Prepare invoice adjustments to clean up A/R Ledger; Process journal entries in relation to proper revenue recognition.
- Assist project managers with questions and research as needed.
- Document and/or update billing processes.
- Assist with special projects in the accounting department including process improvement and increased system utilization activities.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field OR Associatedegree and 5+ years’ job related experience OR 8+ years of relevant A/E industry accounting experience.
- Proficient to Advanced skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience using Deltek Vision Software preferred.