At Beckman Coulter Life Sciences we are at the heart of discovery, assisting the world's life sciences professionals with solutions that simplify complex processes, automate procedures and integrate work flows to accelerate breakthroughs in scientific research, medicine and industry. By listening to our customers' needs, we develop products that fuel groundbreaking research, ensure uncompromising quality, and enable improved productivity.
We are currently looking for an entry level software engineer in test to help us grow the software testing and verification capability of our product development group in Indianapolis. The initial focus will be in liquid handling systems for medical research with possible future expansion into centrifuges and firmware and system level testing.
• Perform software test and verification work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
• Assist in ensuring software requirements and designs are testable.
• Assist in the translation of software requirements into test specifications and designs.
• Assist in the recommendation and implementation of tools and frameworks for software testing (both manual and automatic) and tools to improve software development productivity.
• Participate in quality assurance activities such as reviews and inspections.
• Support the improvement of the software test and verification process, and development cost reduction efforts.
• Document and perform all software test and verification work meeting company procedures as well as applicable regulations and standards.
• Stay up to date on best practice software testing techniques.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field with 0 to 2 years of experience.
• Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
• Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
• Software test and verification experience in machine automation, robotics, liquid handling or laboratory instrumentation.
• Experience in the software test and verification of medical devices and working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulation.
Job ID: BEC008079