As our Senior Development Engineer, you'll perform mechanical design of components and assemblies. You'll contribute documentation in support of project design history files as you become self-sufficient in the processes of releasing drawings, BOMs and other specifications. As you learn and grow in your role, you'll gain cadaver lab/operating room experience, as well as experience in aspects of product development process - Testing, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, etc.
You'll apply principles, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects. Building productive internal/external relationships and actively represent your team in inter-departmental projects are priorities, in addition to impacting team effectiveness through the quality of your work and the work of others.
You’ll tap into your excellent communication skills as you interface effectively with suppliers to become educated on manufacturing methods and capabilities. With quality, safety and our customers always in mind, you'll perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience
- Previous CAD experience preferably Pro/E, Creo or SolidWorks
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially with Word and Excel
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals
- Experience interpreting technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstracts and/or concrete variables
- Expertise in writing reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effective communication skills and presentation ability to convey information and respond to questions from peers, leaders, vendors, and surgeons
- Experience in the healthcare industry, preferably medical device experience, ideally in orthopedics or spine
- Previous manufacturing experience in metal machining, sheet metal fabrication, or injection molding
- Experience with mechatronic or computer-based systems, preferably with a solid understanding of electricalengineering and software engineering principles
- Proficiency and knowledge in applying concepts of algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, geometric tolerances, and tolerance analysis in addition to ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs