Position Description AutoZone is the nation's leading retailer and a leading distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories with more than 6,000 stores in the US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil. Each store carries an extensive line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured hard parts, maintenance items and accessories. The AutoZone family includes ALLDATA, AutoAnything, IMC, and ten distribution centers to serve both retail and commercial customers alike. Since opening its first store in Forrest City, Ark. on July 4, 1979, the company has joined the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AZO) and earned a spot in the Fortune 300.
AutoZone is committed to ensuring our customers have a positive experience when they visit one of our stores or websites. We have a rich culture and history of going the Extra Mile for our customers and our community. Here at the Store Support Center, in the heart of Downtown Memphis, we enthusiastically work to ensure our stores are successful and our sites are user friendly. We look for team members that naturally enjoy helping people, are enthusiastic, and ready to tackle any project to help keep AutoZone in front of the ever changing retail industry
In this role, successful candidate will deliver desired, sustainable business outcomes and assure the integrity and continuity of our systems. This position will be responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of AutoZone’s business intelligence ETL processing, SAS platform, Data Analysis, and WebFocus administration. This includes acquiring domain knowledge, growing technical skills, supporting the customers, resolving problems, and training as required.
Participate in any and potentially all roles of the systems development life cycle. Roles may vary by project and assignment. This may include, but not limited to:
• Develop and/or maintain software applications; debug, design, code, test, write specifications, roll-out software, and production support.
• Technical services; software, hardware and network architecture design and maintenance; data security.
• Store engineering, coding based on design and plan provided and roll-out implementation.
• Accurate work planning and execution; accurate project and time tracking.
• Participate in design and development of industry leading Business intelligence platforms Position Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Typically requires one to five years’ experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Novice proficiency with the AutoZone software, architecture and methodology.
• Technical skills may include experience with one or more of: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cobol, Java, MS SQL, C, C++, Informix, Greenplum, Hadoop, ATG, QT4, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL, TCP/IP, Networking and LAN administration.
• Basic problem solving, domain technical and analytical skills.
• Data Analysis/Data research
• SQL programming
• May require technical supervision in order to complete tasks.