Hastings Mutual is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager. The individual in this role will establish, and enforce quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. Overseeing a contingent of QA Testers and QA Testing Leads, this individual will direct research and development in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements over the course of software development lifecycles. The QA Manager will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, Application Development, this role will be based at our Hastings, Michigan corporate headquarters.
- Leads the development, establishment and enforcement of QA measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their software development lifecycle.
- Ensures software quality measures comply with regulatory and industry standards, along with accepted best practices.
- Creates methodologies and processes for the collection and analysis of data for ensuring software, systems, and product quality.
- Directs the analysis of formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, etc.
- Directs analysis of documentation and technical specifications for any new application under deployment or in consideration to determine intended functionality.
- Develops, writes, and communicates test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in respective systems.
- Applies established metrics to determine the readiness, quality and operability of software, systems and products due for enterprise or client release.
- Manages all members of the QA team; ensures aggressive deadlines are met. Fosters a positive work atmosphere.
- Trains and mentors QA testing staff; conducts all performance management activities.
- College degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Ten years’ experience in Information Technology with at least three years’ managing a QA Testing team.
- CBAP or PMP preferred. CBAP or PMP must be obtained within one year of meeting eligibility requirements for the respective certification.
- AINS Certification desired.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating multiple concurrent activities and prioritizing work assignments.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- General knowledge of testing software, project management, current operating/testing environment and application software.
- Knowledge of Insurance and Insurance company operations. Demonstrated knowledge of the terminology, information needs and processing flows of a P+C insurance company.
- Demonstrated knowledge in all phases of project and departmental management.
- Excellent professional image as well as strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and other system tools such as MKS. Proficient PC skill