Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Monday – Friday, other days as needed
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. office hours, others as needed
Location: Pineville LA
Report to: VP of Mfg.
..x… Yes ….. No
Approved by: VP of Mfg.
Sourcing manager to be responsible for the company’s end to end sourcing of products and services essential for our operations. In addition, the individual will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate and generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives. Actively support sourcing and costing for new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved
Act as interface between manufacturing, sales, marketing and potential vendors during new product development and/or product enhancement activities.
Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development, with a strong emphasis on a teamwork approach to resolving challenges and creating solutions
Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
Maintain and develop effective supplier relationships.
Participate in establishing short-term and long range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals
Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department
Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time
Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally
Work closely with Inventory Department, Sales and Manufacturing in managing inventory turns and obsolete inventory
Oversee staffing/recruiting/training /coaching of direct reports including performance reviews
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience
- Domestic and international sourcing experience
- Strongly prefer experience in consumer packaging components, especially experience in development and design of printed materials
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with MRP and enterprise data management systems
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated historical success as Sourcing Manager.
- Must be able to travel on a limited basis (guesstimate: 5% of the time)
The following characteristics are required:
Strong team player.
Able to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships with other Company employees.
Able to deal tactfully with customers and other Company employees in person or on phone.
Able to meet and carry out expectations of employee conduct outlined in the employee manual.
Support positive image of the Company.
Able to perform duties with an open mind to new ideas, technologies, and uses of resources with a personal focus on quality