The Microsoft Cloud Architect will be responsible for providing technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. The focus of this role is deploying Azure and/or Office 365 to existing customers. The Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership and support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs. As a trusted advisor the Architect will create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist account executives with technical guidance on a variety of products to Small business through large enterprise customers.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers based on intimate technical knowledge of the customer environment.
- Create and implement a solution roadmap and select the right infrastructure and technology platform or product based on in-depth knowledge of one and broad knowledge of othertechnologies and/or alliance product landscape.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Self-disciplined to implement, drive, and track projects on your own.
- Provide guidance and direction to the account executive and engineering teams for service opportunities.
- Attend training to learn and keep up to date on new technology.
- A Bachelordegree from an accredited institution or a minimum of 10+ years experience working in a technical role.
- Minimum of three industry and/or product certifications required
- Solid experience in consultative / complex sales processes
- Experience in design and/or implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the public cloud / hybrid cloud
- Experience in defining TCO / ROI models
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate across various groups and functional teams both inside and outside of the business.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a technology leadership role for the team.
- Travel, including consecutive overnight stays, is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand
Requisition ID 2017-1089