Business Services is an organization that leads the design and execution of technology services shared divisionally, such as Quality Assurance Services (QAS). QAS provides services to Canadian Division Technology (CDT) systems and applications. QAS is looking for someone who has quality assurance experience, is self-directed, motivated, critical thinking and collaborative. This role has accountability for overall QAS deliverables that support strategic and operational projects implemented by our CDT business unit partners. It includes coordinating and creating deliverables for CDT projects & programs, to ensure QA commitments are delivered on time, within budget, and aligned with the project scope while adhering to the Project Management Framework (PMF) and QA standards. The successful candidate can expect to work with a variety of systems, from test strategy to manual test execution, implement test automation, work in agile or waterfall and be assigned to initiatives at various levels of complexity from full programs to more tactical enhancements or mandatory initiatives such as Tax and Quarterly Statements.
As a Software Quality Analyst, you will:
- Lead testing for all size assignments, report progress, gather and analyze metrics
- Create and execute test strategies, plans, estimates, scenarios and cases using HP ALM and/or Jira.
- Configure, implement, maintain and validate test data and test environments
- Contribute to Continuous Testing implementation within DevOps by building scripts and implementing automated tests improving Sanity, Smoke and Regression tests suites coverage, by using HP UFT, Selenium, Java, VBScript, cFactory, Jenkins, GitLab and more.
- Prepare and present to key Stakeholders Risk Based Testing approaches suitable for your initiatives.
- Build and maintain client relationships across portfolio within BU and QA Services, including Global Resources
- Identify, analyze and track all defects through the Defect Life Cycle Model ensuring satisfactory resolution
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
You will bring and continuously build upon the following knowledge & skills:
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance practices, tools and techniques
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and test automation tools and their application is an asset
- Strong planning, organization, risk management
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience applying risk based testing principles to projects
- Ability to identify productivity and efficiency improvements
- Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to change