gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here
The Account Director is responsible for acting as the client’s strategic advisor in business, marketing and communications. Identify new business building ideas for clients which organically leads to new biz opportunities for the agency. Also, lead internal teams to manage toward client short-term and long-term objectives/strategies. In addition, they will analyze and create complex business/marketing strategic concepts. Some travel is required for this role.
- Interact with VP, SVP & CMO client level
- Analyze complex information and data Create and present analytics, strategic business and communication concepts
- Provide client ongoing strategic direction and counsel
- Have a realistic assessment of agency/client relationship and identify risks/opportunities
- Manage accounts to be profitable without sacrificing quality
- Assess staff resource needs in short-term/long-term for current clients and new business and creative quality
- Possess strong strategic and creative judgment
- Mentor account management team and assess strengths and best use of resources
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencerequired
- 8+ yrs. relevant experience, minimum 3 years agency experience
- Digital marketing experience
- B2B experience is a must
- Leadership skills
- Solid knowledge of integrated marketing within an agency account management environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a client-facing environment proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills