Heal the Sick, Advance the Science, Share the Knowledge
Position Summary: You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
Responsibilities: The department of Medical Oncology/Hematology in Eau Claire WI invites you to join the team! The practice includes a mix of medical oncology, malignant and benign hematology. Work in concert with Mayo surgical, radiology and pathology colleagues via interdisciplinary tumor boards held weekly. Call will be 1:4 and serves a single hospital with 180 beds. Work in conjunction with the hospitalist team for patients admitted to the hospital and to the observation unit.
Onsite chemotherapy and radiation oncology services are provided by a dedicated team, including a nurse practitioner, 2 radiation oncologists, oncology certified nursing staff, an oncology social worker (Cancer Guide) and dietitian.
- Outpatient Responsibilities include 4.5 work days, working full time in the Cancer Center. Assisting and overseeing infusion area as needed as well as call responsibility. Receive 1 afternoon off per week to catch up
- Inpatient duties include possible consultations and admitting patients for inpatient chemo or complications.
- Weekend call – 1:4, Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.
- Weekday call – 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. – divided among providers.
- Weekly outreach one day per week
Licensure or Certification: Must have M.D., D.O. or foreign degree equivalent. Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license and must be board-certified/board-eligible in Oncology and Hematology, or in final year of ACGME accredited program leading to certification.
Job Posting Number: 83396BR