Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWaste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in thebusiness. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in prospective and current Waste Management customers. Responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contractagreements from previously non-contracted customers. The TM is also responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager toresolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales callactivity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge ofcustomers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in‑depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary toperform the job.A. Education and ExperienceRequired: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or 5-years sales experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree, plus 3-years in a non-consumer based industrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment that includes: successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations resulting in signed customer contracts. Internal requirements include 2-yearsproven success in a Level 3 sales position.Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing, plus 5-years in a non-consumer basedindustrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment that includes: successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue.This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."