Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is a regional, public accounting firm that delivers innovative accounting, tax, audit and specialized services. We are currently seeking a IT/Risk Advisory Manager for our office in Nashville, TN.
As the largest CPA firm based in the Southern U.S., we combine deep industry experience, comprehensive accounting and advisory services and a strong commitment to personal service. We have over 2,000 people located throughout the Southern U.S. and Mid-Atlantic located in 34 offices.
The IT/Risk Advisory Manager will supervise multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of Information Technology (IT) systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk advisory in nature, and vary considerably in size and complexity. All of our IT Risk & Assurance services, whether assurance or advisory in nature, are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, help to improve IT and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements, our IT risk advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
- Assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents
- Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork and informing supervisors of engagement status
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- Ability to multitask and work closely and effectively with other members of the engagement team and client management
- Ability to work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline required
- 4+ years of related work experiencerequired
- Prior experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry is required
- Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft) is required
- Willingness to travel is required
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP or CIA certification is preferred (non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager)