PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of the job is to manage the sustainment of the Business Service Centres in International Banking. This includes ensuring that all countries in International provide customer service with the highest standards and have an operating model that is efficient and effective. The candidate is responsible for generating new concepts of innovating services and models that meet theindustry’s best practices and are aligned with the Banks Digital Strategy.
This position works very close with International Corporate and Commercial Banking (ICCB), Compliance, Audit and Global Transaction Banking. The Director is also responsible for, enhancing leadership depth and diversity, while reducing structural costs and mitigating operational risk.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of solid knowledge and experience in Corporate & Commercial Banking, process design, reengineering, and experience with implementating large projects.
Fully bilingual in both Spanish and English (oral and written) is required for this job.
Provides strategic management and tactical direction by:
- Actively partnering with international operation units to resolve issues, remove road blocks and reduce costs.
- Providing expert advice and counsel to business line partners in all operational and service related policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Establishing/reviewing and monitoring of service levels.
- Actively monitoring the resolution of key situations or issues rose by our key stakeholders while including the most effective and cost effective means of meeting their needs relative to the various services.
- Continuously reviewing operating procedures to ensure innovative new processes are utilized and overall productivity is improved.
Actively participate in projects for new or enhanced systems and products by:
- Providing assistance in the development and vetting of new procedures, along with assessing conformity to compliance requirements including identification and mitigation of potential risk issues;
- Reviewing and authorizing changes to process or procedures, ensuring all appropriate controls, compliance, and regulatory requirements are maintained to minimize risk and costs to the Bank and Clients;
- Ensuring project work assigned is completed on schedule within approved budget levels against a background of constantly changing and occasionally conflicting priorities;
Ensure a high degree of operating efficiency in the Business Service Centres by:
- Ensuring that controls, compliance and oversight mechanisms are in place to minimize risks;
- Providing strategic support during operational reviews of the BSCs, and ensure that best practices are applied on the reportsand action plans addressed to local manager while covering (amongst others) potential Audit issues, and Gaps to the BSC Target Operating Model;
- Reviewing recommended changes or enhancements, which ultimately reduce costs and improve productivity/controls and service levels and experiences for ICCB, Partners, and the clients serviced;
- Maintaining current knowledgeable of the Bank’s products and initiatives;
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness of high-level business strategies which could impact the BSC in any way;
- Liaising as required with management, support units, other IOSS-BSC staff, IOSS teams, Operational Risk, Audit, Compliance, and IB departments;
Lead and manage a team and ensure effective use of human resources to support the business objectives by:
- Promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement that drives the team to identify major opportunities of growth and generate new ideas.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on technological trends, industry trends, best practices, and ICCB/BSC Support business and technology strategies;
- Coaching and training (where appropriate) to provide feedback and direction to continuously improve the level of staff performance;
- Contributing to a high level of morale within the group;
- Maintaining open lines of communication for staff and ensuring that Pathways to Resolution policies are applied at all times.
- Ensuring that hiring practices meet the Bank’s standards.
- Conducting performance assessments for direct staff (if assigned) along with recognizing performance and managing non-performance;
- Ensuring that regular meetings are conducted with staff as well as ad hoc for the dissemination of information; and a fair and equitable treatment is provided to all staff within departments reporting.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish; excellent written and verbal skills in both languages is required to prepare procedures and interact effectively with the BSCs, other Bank departments and external parties;
- Minimum 7 years of operations management experience, preferably in the financial industry.
- Experience working in Business Service Centres
- Strong knowledge of International Corporate & Commercial Banking policies, procedures, operational processes and systems;
- Strong knowledge of Bank's commercial lending, deposit/investment products, cash management products/services, policies and procedures;
- Strong project & strategic management experience and effective leadership skills to ensure execution of successful delivery/implementation of initiatives, products, processes and policies
- Working knowledge of related regulatory requirements including OHS, KYC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Financing Policies, Compliance Control & Operational Risk Self-Assessments, Business Continuity Plan, FCAC, and Privacy legislation and procedures;
- Knowledge of Bank regulations, HR policies, procedures, and operations;
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills to be applied across all functional areas.
- Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options / alternatives and develop solutions / recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems / issues.