Plant Reliability and Maintenance Manager
Baltimore Aircoil Company is recognized as the world’s largest manufacturer of evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. BAC products are sold to the commercial building market as components for air conditioning systems, to the food industry for air conditioning and refrigeration applications, and to a broad range of industries for process and power installations equipment cooling.
The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore. This facility houses the largest, most advanced R & D laboratory complex of its kind, where innovations in evaporative cooling and heat transfer technology have originated in the past, are being developed today, and lead the industry into the future.
POSITION PURPOSE :
The Plant Reliability and Maintenance Manager is responsible for strategic reliability and maintenance support to the manufacturing organization by leading reliability activities, driving maintenance strategies, managing projects related to capital improvements, and supporting new manufacturing technologies for both regional and global applications.
This includes the establishment of programs, policies, procedures, and management systems to support reliability and performance. The Plant Reliability and Maintenance Manager accomplishes his/her responsibilities through effective servant leadership of the Maintenance and Plant Engineering resources.
- Lead and support site efforts to meet or exceed EHS, Quality, Production, and Cost Performance goals
- Execute Plant Safety initiatives, continuously evaluating and prioritizing activities
- Responsible for adherence to the plant safety program and conformance to the Amsted Risk Management Program for both employees and contractors
- Effectively lead and develop maintenance and plant engineering team members including setting of objectives and continuous skill development.
- Develop and implement processes for addressing asset reliability deficiencies through root cause analysis, data capture and alignment with appropriate technical resources to implement reliability solutions.
- Responsible for identifying, initiating and managing projects that align with BAC’s Operational Excellence Strategy.
- Improve and audit Preventative Maintenance routines and Facility Inspections.
- Evaluate the performance reliability of existing equipment, identify machine life cycle targets, implement cost saving opportunities
- Develop and drive actionable metrics aligned to strategic initiatives
- Managing budgets for facilities, equipment maintenance, and capital projects
- Directly oversees and provides engineering support to design of machinery, tooling, fixtures, modifications to facility, upgrades to older equipment, and sets standards for utility hookups and adherence to applicable codes.
- Lead cross functional project teams and multi-level communication meetings
- Promotes sharing of Best Practices with other BAC plants
NATURE & SCOPE
Reports to the Plant Manager and partners with regional and global manufacturing and engineering resources. Supervises the Maintenance department and Plant Engineers to achieve the overall objectives of the business (including the corporate strategy and plant goals).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, with emphasis on engineering of Mechanical Systems.
- Proven track record as a Maintenance, Reliability, and Project Management leader, with 7+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization, from production floor through Plant Manager.
- Self-motivated, ability to make independent and informed decisions
- Experience in machine design, including controls for industry standard process and instrumentation, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Fundamental electrical knowledge 600 volt and lower, single and 3-phase plant power utility, PLC programming, and extensive electrical safety training.
- Knowledgeable of some of the following manufacturing processes including; welding, stamping, roll-forming, powder-coating, polyurethane coating, metal bending, laser cutting and thermoforming.
- Knowledge of various Maintenance and Reliability processes including, maintenance work flow (planning, scheduling), lubrication programs, vibration analysis, thermal analysis, root cause analysis and FMEA.
- Advanced computer skills – including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CMMS, and CAD applications.
- Process focused with a history of deploying continuous improvement tools (Lean, DMAIC, etc…) in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position works a typical Monday through Friday daytime shift. However support will be required intermittently to support specific off shift or weekend activities. Travel is project dependent and may be up to 10% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; work at heights on occasion, be fitted with appropriate safety gear. Standing, walking, and climbing may be up to 50% of the time. Must be able to lift/push/ pull objects that are 50 pounds or heavier.
Primary work is in the office, considerable time is in a manufacturing environment including elevated noise levels and exposure to ambient temperatures.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan.
Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more.
Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.