Performs analysis of business processes and data that pertain to business issues. Provides reporting solutions and data metric analysis that may identify business trends and results. Utilizes data analysis to explain business issues and financial implications, recommend workflow improvements, or enable business unit to improve workflow processes. Works with various business units to accomplish objectives. Performs research and influences the strategy for the most complex reporting and analyses of information in reports. Serves as a project leader or project manager and has significant interaction outside of the work group.
Plan and execute high quality business analysis of large data sets, analyzing and interpreting collected data to meet business requirements. Work with project team members to gather, assess, organize, profile, and clean data for business analysis. Synthesize work and analysis to create executive level story and recommendations.
Able to anticipate, identify, and solve complex business problems
- Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
- Ability to take non-technical business problems and formulate methods and hypothesis to create metrics and provide well researched answers
- Ability to synthesize vast amount of information, ask the right follow-on questions without prompting and synthesize findings into key takeaways for senior executives
Experience in core data engineering activities, such as
- Data loading, cleansing and management (SQL, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive)
- Very strong in writing SQL, code reviews, and performance tuning techniques
- Basic programming or scriptingexperience a plus
Ability to work with data to analyze key issues and synthesize key insights
- Ability to model complex business situations and scenarios in Excel
- Work with huge sets of data using tools such as Alteryx, Power BI and Tableau
- Construct and synthesize insights in reports
Familiarity with application of analytics to
- Statistical testing/ A-B testing for pilot analysis
- Customer analytics techniques such as Customer Segmentation, Market Basket Analysis, Choice Modeling, etc.
- P&L scenario modeling based on key drivers
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years reporting experience
- Five years data analysis experience
- Five years experience leading processes and teams