Senior Manager, Global Reliability
8 - 10 years experience • Metals & Mining
Introduction about the BusinessNovelis is the world’s premier producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in aluminum recycling. Drawing on our expertise, commitment to innovation and world-leadingtechnology, we deliver sustainable solutions for the most demanding applications, including automobiles, beverage cans,architecture, and consumer electronics. With industry-leading assets andtechnology, we produce the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive,transportation, packaging,construction and printing. Our customers include major brands such as Agfa-Gevaert, Alcan, Anheuser-Busch, Ball, BMW, Coca-Cola, Crown Cork & Seal, Daching Holdings, Ford, General Motors, Jaguar,Land Rover, Lotte Aluminum, Kodak, Pactiv, Rexam, Ryerson, Tetra Pak, ThyssenKrupp andothers. Much of our aluminum is re-created from material already in the world today, saving natural resources and allowing for the creation of consumer products that have a lower environmental footprint. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 11,600 employees in 25 operating facilities on four continents and isinvesting close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
The Senior Manager, Global Reliability will focus on pioneering an approach to reliability that is applicable to many different Novelis locations worldwide with different challenges. The Senior Manager, Global Reliability will be responsible for providing guidance and direction on global initiatives aligned with Focused Five, such as, technologies, methodologies, and approaches to reliability across Novelis with a focus toward avoiding major business disruptions. The incumbent will oversee the development of fiscal year roadmaps, oversight of central initiatives, training, and interface with corporate and global leaders.
- Standardize, prepare and deploy the materials and concept of Planned maintenance and Operator care pillars associated with WCM.
- Guardian of the global reliability systems and standards
- Development of Global Reliability Roadmap
- Lead Monthly Reliability Leadership Meeting
- Lead Monthly Reliability Forum Call
- Alignment between regional leader objectives and global objectives
- Development of central programs such as:
- Technology Standards
- Downtime Reporting
- Critical Spares Program
- Critical Spares Storage Standards
- Design and facilitation of Reliability Assessments
- Design and delivery of ReliabilityEngineering Curriculums
- Host regular discussion groups, reading lists, providing outside contacts
- Train the regional trainers and manufacturing Excellence leaders
- Make contacts external to Novelis to learn from others through benchmarking, conferencing, etc.
- Integrating Reliability with other Manufacturing Excellence and business entities (such as EHS)
- Development, tracking and reporting of reliability metrics
- Maintenance Scheduled and Unscheduled downtime
- PM completion
- Total equipment utilization
- MTBF and MTTR of Novelis’ critical equipment
- Bachelor or graduate degree in engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with Reliability programs.
- Knowledge and experience with Reliability processes such as lubrication, precision maintenance, predictive maintenance, work management, root cause analysis, operator care, preventive maintenance, Reliability design, etc…
- Ability to communicate across the organization directly (meetings, presentations…) and indirectly (technical report writing, WebEx, Email , maintenance of technical library and shared practices….).
- Ability to influence and lead teams in the design and selection of reliability programs.
- Proven track record of rapid creative problem solving skills and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Travel of up to 50%