As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It's time to make a move. Join our flow.
Responsible for the profitable operation of a Branch office Service Business. This includes the direct supervision of all related maintenance and repair activity, union and non-union personnel, as well as accomplishing goals for safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
1. Responsible for the profitability and productivity of branch maintenance operations through efficient route structuring, callout management, materials control, expense control and maintenance repair/test scheduling. Utilize SAP margin and materials reports, callout and sick lift reports and weekly hours reports to analyze and control labor, materials and expense costs, as needed, to maintain profit and labor productivity at budget.
2. Responsible for meeting contract requirements on all maintenance accounts and ensuring customer satisfaction. Directly manage maintenance plans, route assignment and skill set matching for all equipment loaded into the system. Ensure service orders are completed. Schedule and perform equipment audits and customer contact visits to ensure fulfillment of contract requirements. Ensure prompt response and resolution to all customer issues/concerns. Review and approve, where applicable, any requests for maintenance.
3. Responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and legitimacy of all field back reporting. Review and approve field time and expense submittals, weekly. Review and approve materials requests, repair requests and sales requests. Ensure all maintenance repair requests are confirmed “contractually covered” and “essential” by a supervisor site visit and contract review.
4. Responsible for implementing and enforcing company policy, procedures, rules, programs and initiatives pertaining directly and/or indirectly to the service department. Ensure complete, accurate and timely data entry from individuals directly or indirectly accountable to service and repair operations. Ensure the protection, maintenance and proper use of company property, including; vehicles, equipment, tools, and facilities. Ensure a safe workplace for all employees participating in service and repair work.
5. Responsible for fostering a consistent and fair accountability structure and methodology throughout all levels of the service department. Ensure direction and support is provided, as needed, to enable satisfactory job performance from all subordinates. Ensure direct report supervisors are competent and practiced in administering, as needed, consistent and timely reward and disciplinary actions. Provide timely subordinate coaching and counseling, as needed, to protect departmental and company interest.
6. Minimize departmental and company cost exposure. Provide assistance to other departments in equipment surveys, developing cost models and analyzing business growth benefit.
7. Maintain a safely and securely stored service inventory to insure minimum local stock of vital replacement components/parts and supplies. Ensure inventory accounting is kept accurate and current. Maintain tool inventory to efficiently and profitably complete maintenance and repair jobs.
8. Manage tendered repairs. Ensure a tight and compacted repair schedule is maintained for all planned repair work. Ensure Service Orders and support documentation to the field, clearly and completely communicate the methodology and expected result of work assignments. Ensure completed repairs meet the contract requirements. Ensure accurate closeout accounting in accordance with procedures outlined in the Branch Process Manual.
A two-year college level education with degree in a technical/management discipline or equivalent. Electrical license, agency director license and QEI certification preferred.
1. Five years experience in maintenance/repair within the elevator/escalator or related industry
2. Familiarity with electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems as applied in industry transportation and/or conveyance systems.
3. Experience or ability to learn PC database, spreadsheet, scheduling, project management, communication and word processing applications.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
1. Willing and able to travel with occasional extended over night stay. Automobile drivers license and frequent day travel required within branch office jurisdictional area.
2. Good leadership, management, organizational, written, verbal communication and customer skills.
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
4. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
5. Ability to read construction drawings, layouts and electrical, hydraulic schematics.
6. Ability to effectively present business information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
7. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.