At Monsanto, helping military veterans transition from deployment to employment is a top priority. Our mission is to help our nation’s veterans build their corporate careers. We want innovative leaders who can think big, readily accept challenges, and deliver results onbehalf of our customers. We acknowledge that these traits comprise the very core of the men and women who have served our country.
Monsanto is a company that thrives on integrity, service, teamwork and commitment. As part of our efforts to support all our veterans, Monsanto is committed to recruiting veterans who share our values in producing more, conserving more, and improving lives around theworld. Our Veteran Heroes In Ag program was created to identify positions and skills to attract, hire and retain this quality talent tofurther improve our diverse and talented workforce.
This program is a guide to transition with world class mentorship and development training from a global Fortune 500 company. TheHeroes in Ag program will include additional training, mentorship, resources for transition, and opportunities to access leadership.
Monsanto's Information Security Engineering team is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Information Security Engineer to plan, design and lead implementation efforts for data security solutions. You will be an expert in the data security domain and expected to stay informed of current technologies and risks to help develop strategies and long term roadmaps. You will also work to improve thesecurity posture of Monsanto by partnering with our Information Security Office (ISO) to deliver solutions that meet or exceed defined control objectives. Our Security Engineer will identify solutions that maintain the integrity of data throughout the entire lifecycle within theenterprise.
• Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Platform Teams, and ISO Teams to design, test and develop deployment plans for data security technologies
• Support lifecycle management of data security solutions to include technology roadmaps
• Contribute to the IT Strategies that impact data security solutions to include technology roadmaps
• Assist in defining the operational processes and metrics required to create and maintain highly effective, well-performing technology platforms
• Lead key conversations among internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain expertise in the data security domain to provide relevant solutions
• Perform proof of concepts of new security technologies
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate data security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
• 7+ years of experience working as a security engineer with a focus on data security technologies
• Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and managing large scale deployments of encryption and data visibility tools
• Hands on experience in security systems, including data loss prevention, email systems, web content filtering, endpoint encryption, etc.
• Ability to engage in technical discussions that establish trust amongst customers and team members
• Results oriented, self-motivated and self-directed while working within a framework to accomplish desired outcomes
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Takes on challenges and calculated risks to improve our technologies, processes, and services
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
• Thinks broadly about issues and options before choosing a solution or path and can explain to stakeholders why a solution/path was chosen
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
• Experience in the Military
• No more than 3 years experience post Military experience
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• Knowledge of technical writing preferred
• Experience with Cloud Application Security Broker (CASB) and other SaaS solutions is a plus
Req ID 01N97