Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Develop relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Oversee Open Enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials; conduct open enrollment meetings.
- Oversee annual projects for clients including Non-Discrimination Testing, Healthcare Reform fee calculations and Imputed Income Calculations.
- Conduct annual client compliance audits using NFP portal.
- Genuine understanding of client financialmechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant guidelines.
- Interprets plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Build and maintain corporate wellness programs by using healthcare carrier and third party vendors as resources; Oversee yearly Wellness Fairs and Flu Shot clinics.
- Day-to- day client servicing including eligibility issues and specific client questions and needs.
- Review the work of the Benefit Analyst on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better.
NYS Life, Accident and Health License required
Four Year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, and Industrial Psychology, Economics or Healthcare related field, or equivalent experience.
4 years:Health and welfare consulting experiencerequired.
Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
Effective time management and decision making skills
Diligent follow up skills
Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Ability to sit at a computer for a long period of time
Standing, walking, talking, sitting, hearing
GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
Licenses & Certifications
Life and Health