Senior Engineering ManagerSenior Project Environmental Specialist
Transforming ideas into reality since 1958, GAI is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm. We provide local expertise to worldwide clients in the energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial markets. We believe in community involvement and are committed to corporate responsibility including recycling and eco-friendly practices. We are looking for a Senior Project Environmental Specialist to join one of our Wisconsin area offices.
Under the direction of the Environmental Manager, this individual will provide advanced experience and project management of environmental permitting and compliance oversight for key segments of the energy industry.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Provide advanced experience and project management in environmental permitting and compliance support for key segments of the energy industry.
- Coordinating and leading field efforts for constructioninspection and erosion control monitoring, wetland and stream delineations, endangered species surveys and monitoring, preparing permit applications, and preparing associated environmental reports.
- Lead proposal preparation and cost estimating, quality control reviews, and coordination with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Lead project management for electric transmission or distribution systems, pipelines or processing facilities for natural gas, natural gas liquids or oil.
- Lead resource inventory and construction compliance oversight.
- Responsible for regulatory frameworks governing energy projects including state PSC or FERC.
- Responsible to analyze and prepare reports as well as data and develop recommendations.
- Review permits, proposals as well as project designs and GIS support.
- Technical responsibility for natural resources, environmental science and engineering tasks.
- Interfaces with Clients to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Any and all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Natural Resource Ecology, Engineering, Biology, or Environmental Science Business
- 8+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with environmental permitting and regulatory agencies in Wisconsin and/or neighboring states, related to Section 401 and 404 Clean Water Act Permitting and other similar permits.
- Must have technical knowledge of natural resources and field assessment methods and experience with erosion and sedimentation control monitor and constructioninspections on linear projects.
- Work is expected to be split between 60-70% field based work and 30-40% office based work. Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Advanced technical writing ability. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a must.
- In state travel is a requirement and extended field assignments are likely. There may also be up to 25% out of state travelassociated with this position on a project specific basis or to assist other offices.
- Selected individual must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must also be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. He/she will perform verbal and written communication with both internal staff as well as clients, review agencies, and government agencies. There will also be public hearing presentations for most federally funded projects.
- Additional certifications (i.e. PWS, PG) are preferred but not required.
- This position requires a current driver's license