Manager, Organizational Change Management
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology.
TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Manager, Change Management will be responsible for the development, execution and rollout of change management strategies and tactics for significant and transformational projects impacting TD Insurance.
The individual will work closely with project teams, business owners, business sponsors, business partners, and HR and will lead others directly or indirectly on change initiatives to ensure a positive employee experience.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- 5+ years of Change management experience within an agile environment is required
- Develop and execute change management strategies with measurable objectives
- Ensure the consistent application of a structured change management approach to process and people change issues related to the project
- Provide a holistic view of change and determine the level of impact to the business
- Create and implement change management plans that maximize employee engagement and support a comprehensive, timely and virtually seamless transition/implementation within the program teams, while identifying and mitigating people-side risks and concerns
- Provide guidance to the project teams within the scope of change management methodologies
- Work with the project team and key internal business partners (Communications, Human Resources, Finance etc.) to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan, and ensure that all areas that are impacted are prepared for future state changes.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and oversee project change plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Create metrics to drive adoption and sustainment of change that link to the realization of project benefits; develop a measurement strategy for same
- Provide regular and ongoing status updates to Agile COE Leader and Executive Sponsors, and Stakeholders
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
This role requires a leader with strong change management and communications skills, exceptional relationship building skills, and demonstrated problem solving and influencing capabilities. The successful incumbent will have a strong commitment to quality and accuracy as well as having demonstrated the ability to solve change management challenges with outcomes that positively impact projects.
- 5+ years of advanced knowledge of change management principles and application within an agile environment
- Strong leadership, impact and influence skills to effectively engage all stakeholders and recommend solutions to successfully implement change
- Certified with one of the following: Prosci, CCMP, CMS
- Proven track record of strong written and oral communication and relationship building skills with diverse business partners and stakeholders
- Experienced change agent, able to guide cross-functional teams through complex change from concept to execution
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify concerns, gauge gaps and recommend an optimal approach required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to balance changing priorities and sponsor needs
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across a complex, matrix environment
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.