The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The Principal Business Analyst within Information Technology will lead the functional process of designing solutions and building innovative solutions. This role will work closely with business owners to understand business processes across multiple business areas. The Principal Business Analyst will lead the effort to create detailed business requirements, system documentation, and implementation of quality software solutions. This position will communicate status, risk and risk mitigation plans and acts as a liaison between the key project manager and the technical teams.
The Principal Business Analyst supporting our ERP will enhance business capability through information systems while providing top level information system support for day-to-day business information system activity. Partner with the business lead to provide new functionality that the business has identified, communicate status and risk in reference to current work that is underway and act as a liaison between the business and the technical teams. Provide the business with a vision of the solution and work with the technical teams to get it accomplished. Perform some project manager duties for smaller projects and mid-size projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Lead large cross-functional projects and solution design within various functional areas utilizing broader knowledge of the business to track and manage business requirements.
• Lead the process for identifying and gathering appropriate business requirements to create the necessary solution that satisfy the business need including facilitation of requirements gathering within multiple business functional areas to develop a comprehensive business requirements document(s).
• Serve as an IT Business Analyst expert in understanding business requirements, system documentation and implementation of quality software solutions.
• Lead the development of functional and technical specifications based on business requirements.
• Manage changes to requirements, assess impacts of changes, and track requirements from business case to implemented solution.
• Execute and define test scenarios, plans, strategies, and the creation of test scripts.
• Supervise the integration of testing for cross-functional projects and provide support for user acceptance testing.
• Provide production support by supplying artifacts (data model, data maps, knowledge base articles, etc.) and educating the support team when applicable.
• Lead the cross functional test plan creation and partner with business unit subject matter experts (SME) to develop test scripts.
• Define and create project related policies and procedures including review of cross-functional project related policies and procedures, and end user training documentation.
• Serve as the liaison for the functional areas between the IT application team and the business.
• Provide ongoing day-to-day support for the applications team in addition to project management responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in Business Analysis, Information Technology, or in a related area.
• Experience supporting ERP and related business applications in a manufacturing environment.
• Analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in business analytics and system design analysis.
• Attention to detail, problem solving, and decision making skills.
• Advanced Customer Service skills.
• Experience working independently and taking initiative.
Page 2 of 4 Principal Analyst, Business_3.28.17_JS
• Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Relevant industry recognized certifications (IIBA, ITIL, CBAP, CCAB)
• Knowledge of ITIL IT Service management and experience defining, deploying and managing ITSM Processes.
• 5+ years recent experience with JD Edwards One World or Enterprise One and related processes or similar ERP package(s).
• 5+ years recent experience with JD Edwards Object Management Workbench (OWM) to configure functionality
• Deep and broad understanding of ERP business processes in one or more functional areas (i.e. Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Order Management, Quality Management, Inventory, Master Data Management, etc.)
• Expert-level experience defining and developing ad-hocreports to solve specific complex business needs