The Director of Franchise Sales and Operations will oversee sales, business development and operations of ZAGG's domestic franchise system. The Director of Franchise Sales and Operations will have direct responsibility to provide operational, business consulting, training, merchandising, sales and marketing support services to current and new franchise partners; continually guide franchise partners and their staff to uphold ZAGG's operating standards; promote open, collaborative, respectful relationships between franchise partners and ZAGG's headquarters. This position is responsible for developing and implementing franchising strategies and new market entry programs to assist in growing ZAGG's franchise sales; applying financial analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses in business models and new business opportunities.
The Director of Franchise Sales and Operations will also be responsible for leading, growing and developing ZAGG's Franchise Development team and meeting internal performance targets as established by management. The Director of Franchise Sales and Operations must be highly engaged in leadership, operations, legal, sales, marketing, planning and execution.
The Director of Franchise Operations will have responsibility in the following areas
- Partner with franchise owners and employees to optimize their business results via training, merchandising, sales and/or marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal marketing teams to create highly productive point of sale and promotional strategies.
- Work with mall management as well as existing and prospective franchisees to rapidly and strategically expand number of franchise locations.
- Provide collaborative and substantive franchise consulting to maximize sales and profits. Remain current with all aspects of each franchise including franchise financial health.
- Conduct regular franchise communication including quarterly P&L reviews and location visits.
- Have a thorough understanding of point of sale systems and business analytics. Experience with iQ Metrix preferred.
- Application of financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities and initiatives to strengthen, improve and drive current and/or new market entries and the department's expense/revenue opportunities.
- Influence positive results through regular and effective communications with franchise partners through meetings, telephone calls, follow-up e-mail, etc. as appropriate to maintain and grow relationships outside of the scheduled visits.
- Represent ZAGG in all professional interactions. Serve as a liaison/contact person between the support center, franchise partners, vendors, etc. as needed.
- Build rapport with and provide training and education to franchise owners.
- Ensure smooth onboarding, expansion and location transfer processes for franchise owners.
- Ensure franchise adherence to the ZAGG operating standards manual and the terms of the ZAGG franchise agreement.
- Partner with corporate counsel to direct and manage legal aspects of franchise business (contracts, etc.)
- Be intimately familiar with the ZAGG FDD (Franchise Disclosure Document) and Franchise Agreements. Amend as needed.
- Visit franchise locations two times a year; provide operational support, review support center updates, measure store compliance, confer with franchise partners on business issues, provide marketing support, etc.
- Protect ZAGG's brand via operational excellence reviews. Report issues during reviews in a manner that is consistent with departmental standards. Identify and manage default locations until they are in full compliance.
- Keep current with administrative duties and submit requiredreports in a timely manner
- Team reviews, weekly executive reports, store visit reports, annual and quarterly business plans, budget tracking reports, quarterly business reviews etc.
- Participate in all company functions/events as required (franchise meetings, department meetings, conventions, etc.)
- Continually evaluate Franchise program to find areas of improvement and performance excellence.
- Develop and present the annual and quarterly business plan for the franchise operation.
- Foster/maintain healthy business relationships that effectively yield results. Respect franchise partners and their teams during all interactions.
- Develop and lead a best in class franchise team including sales, operations and marketing. (Based in Salt Lake City)
- Engage in executive team meetings and provide comprehensive business plans, strategies and ongoing updates.
- Foster a culture of integrity, respect and ownership.
- Anticipate franchise partner, manager and team member needs, and respond in a timely manner to questions and requests.
- Train and develop and mentor franchise sales and operations staff..
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual business objectives.
- Implement procedures and processes to continually improve franchise operations.
- Demonstrate a passion and care for people including direct reports, franchise owners and internal business partners.
To be successful the Director of Franchise Operations will have the following skills, qualifications and education:
- Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation preferred.
- 10+ years' experience building and scaling successful franchise systems for leading franchise brands. (Consumer electonics industry experience a plus.)
- 10+ years' experience in successful leadership positions creating strategy and leading direct and cross-functional teams in successful execution of that strategy
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and strategies for building successful franchise systems.
- Have established relationships with key mall management companies and posess a strong understanding of leasing programs.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - MBA preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage all documentation and legal agreements relating to a franchise system.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of iQ Metrix RQ Point of Sale sytems and business analytics.
- Superior business case modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to actively manage and oversee a franchise system with 100+ franchise locations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Creative strategist. Developing new ways to drive Franchise sales and value to existing and perspective franchise partners.
- Must possess critical thinking skills to analyze data, make decisions and develop action plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Must have an collaborative style and be able to cultivate and maintain an open environment where ideas are shared, questioned and tested.
- History of promoting continuous improvement.
- Microsoft Excel modeling skills, both comprehensive, integrated spreadsheets and ad-hoc analyses. Also, Microsoft PowerPoint skills for internal and external presentations.
- Strong teamwork and teaching skills.
- Self-starter with strong initiative; ability to complete assignments independently when required.
- Experience working in a high-growth, time sensitive environment with changing priorities.
- Effective manager of teams (permanent and ad hoc), projects, and staff.