Data Architect - Database Engineer 4
Data Architect-Database Engineer 4(
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in theindustry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Data Architect/Database Engineer 4: Acts as a technical resource that drives technical direction within a discipline; designs, documents and/or implements IT solutions. Participates and provides technical expertise on projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Database Engineer 4 - Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy. Documents and communicates database design. Evaluates and installs database management systems. Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms. Builds windows, screens and reports. Assists in the design of user interface and business application prototypes. Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment. Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in thedatabase. Adapts business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application. At more experienced levels, helps to develop an understanding of client's original data and storage mechanisms. Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
• Supports the development and maintenance of the logical/physical enterprise operational and data warehouse data architecture.
• Ensure the data model properly supports changes to business requirements. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data source for new and better data feeds. Act as a liaison between business and developers to analyze, design and implement the correct processes that will be supported by an integrated data model.
• Ensure that standards, policies and procedures are designed to support and maintain accurate data models asbusiness evolves and matures. Work closely with QA to develop and support enterprise-wide data standards and policies.
• Assists in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality.
• Research, evaluate and recommend tools (query, reporting, transformation, etc.) required to ensure a robust and useable data warehouse/mart solution.
• Assist in the development of project plans and adhere to project timelines.
• Strong SQL background and ability to assist other teams with complex SQL and help System DBA’s identifying performance bottlenecks and come up with solutions for tuning.
• Knowledge of ETL tools and processes and ability to lead and direct the ETL developers and guide the team onthe use of ETL VS ELT methodologies.
*Experience with cloud services and NoSQL a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
• BS/BA with 5-7 years experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus.
• Combination of related experience and education will be considered
• Successful background check
• Strong Oracle database background 12c and above is a must
• Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in databases and implement solutions
• Experience in Erwin or Embarcadero tools is a must and ability to model both normalized and de-normalized structures.
• Ability to convert a logical model into a successful physical structure/s for performance and scalability.
• Knowledge of ETL tools is a must, preferably Informatica PowerCetner
• Experience with SAP’s Business Objects
• Ability to Code PL/SQL if needed for SOA services or data services.
Complexity and Creativity
• Works on assignments requiring consistent judgment and initiative.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
• Knowledge of real-time replication tools like Golden Gate.
• Knowledge of Predictive Algorithms and Big Data platforms is an advantage.
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
· 401(k) Plan
· Adoption Assistance
· Bonus Plan
· Dental Insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Referral Award Program
· Expedition - WEX’s Sabbatical Program
· Extended Parental Leave
· Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance/AD&D
· On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
· Pet Insurance
· Paid Time Off(PTO)
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
· Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
: U.S.-ME-South Portland
: Information Technology - Corp