Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Reporting directly to the SVP, Head of Business Development and Treasurer, the Executive Director, Business Development will a key member of the organization’s business development function. This position will have overall responsibility for the management, oversight, identification, and evaluation of the business development opportunities. The position requires working closely with various business units and corporate functions.
- Accountable for the management, oversight, identification, and evaluation of business development opportunities including, but not limited to acquisitions, divestures, licensing agreements
- Develop term sheets, deal structures, negotiation positions and strategies.
- Develop and run the various financial and valuation models required for the financial assessment of Business Development projects.
- Assist in developing therapeutic area or geographic business strategy (customer and technical insights, therapeutic mapping, thought leader networking and development) in collaboration with the business unit teams.
- Knowledge management and competitive intelligence gathering to support the identification of new business development opportunities to strengthen our product portfolio and drive value for the corporation
- Manage and analyze the market intelligence data to ensure market opportunities are capitalized on as they occur and minimize the effects of competitive activity
- Manage alliance relationships
- Create an environment where innovation thrives and new ideas can be shaped into business opportunities
- Attend appropriate Corporate meetings and report in areas of responsibility as requested by Senior Management
- Perform specific and delegated duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in business and/or sciences preferred. Bachelor's degree is required.
- Pharmaceutical experience is a must. Healthcareexperience is highly desired
- Successful candidates will possess a strong general business management portfolio of skills with a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience inclusive of significant business development experience.
- Understanding of several key therapeutic areas including eye health, dermatology, gastrointestinal, and neurology markets preferred
- Strong analytical skills required
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical development, sales and marketing
- Capable of writing marketing commercial assessments and competitive summaries
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills a must
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional disciplines.