Senior Electrical Engineer ( Design Group )
Design Group is a leading Engineering, Systems Integration, and IT consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and otherindustrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and othertechnology services to the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,400 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 40 global offices in the US and India. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement with a thriving work environment and a unique people centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will work in our office and remotely with engineering teams of Architects and ME/EE-Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design power distribution and lighting systems for manufacturing, distribution, and otherindustrial and commercial facilities.
- Power utility coordination
- 277/480V building services and medium voltagedistribution
- Emergency power system
- Power distribution and calculations including: switchboards, panel boards, transformers, wire sizing, voltage drop, conduit fill, cable tray sizing
- Motor Control Center specification including VFDs and starters
- Interior and exterior lighting design
- Preparation of design criteria, one line diagrams and specification for electrical equipment.
- Perform fault current calculation, arc flash analysis and coordination studies.
- Resolve EE oriented Change Request Notices and Request for Information.
- Develop construction drawings and review work packages.
- Prepare grounding and bonding plan
- Complete calculations using SKM and other analysis software and will use AutoCAD (MEP) software to design facility electrical systems.
- Minimum 8years of relevant experinece
- 12+ years of relevant experiencepreferred.
- Able to lead the electrical design on a multi-discipline project
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD (MEP) software is required.
- Revit or other 3D facility modeling software is a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Must also possess good general computer skills including use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Engineers must be willing to travel up to 25% to work at project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
- BS ElectricalEngineeringdegree from an ABET school required.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be available.
.Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.