Senior Technology Architect
What you’ll do:
As a member of the TELUS digital My Account team, you are responsible for the architecture and technical leadership and delivery of TELUS digital’s customer service systems - systems that need to scale to support millions of digitally engaged TELUS customers.
Wanted: A big picture person, with a strong technical background. You will use your expert communication skills toguide and collaborate with internal and external delivery team member and guarantee that TELUS digital’s systems are properly designed and developed. You will be working side by side with leadership and practitioners tospread simplified digital approaches to architecture within the wider TELUS organization.
You will play a lead role in building and supporting a highly engaged engineering culture, act as a mentor and coach for developers, and leverage your leadership experience to help us build a strong and long lasting culture.
- Be the lead technologist on the My Account team, working across multiple Agile squads
- Working alongside like-minded senior technologists from TELUS Digital Technology team to provide architectural oversight over the implementation of a Digital Platform
- Developing engineering excellence and software craftspersonship in delivery teams - including extreme programming techniques like TDD, CI
- Contributing to, and held accountable for, architectural decisions going into our Architecture Decision Records in collaboration with the larger digital team
- Working with product management to inject technical priorities into the backlog - proactively and reactively
- Partner with Technical Leads across delivery teams to ensure alignment to our overall technical vision and strategy
- Help manage and prioritize tech debt across the TELUS digital organization
- Assess and prioritize technology risks across TELUS digital
- Work with the delivery teams, including the API Platform Team and Delivery Platform Team
Software Craftspersonship. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies. This can be through your involvement with developers or working withDevOps teams, through to problem solving of large-scale technology systems.
As TELUS digital has significant development presence in both Toronto and Vancouver, experience building and leading distributed teams would be highly beneficial.
If these core skills and styles sound like a match then we would love to talk to you:
- Excited about, and experienced with modern, HTTP oriented approaches to architecture like Microservices
- Experience using and driving Continuous Integration/Delivery practices, tools and technologies
- You advocate robust delivery practices and Agile methodologies and have experience in “Agility” and Lean, including Extreme Programming, Kanban and Scrum
- Have an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and coach teams toseamlessly integrate many moving parts to deploy successful solutions
- You fully understand the business context and challenges that organizations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with stakeholders and practitioners to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Experience in leading, managing and inspiring multiple development teams
- Leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
- Strong stakeholder management and interaction at different levels is essential; this could be your involvement at Director or VP level to help create technical strategies or leading significant cultural change that directlyimpacts those within your development team
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.