The Business Systems Analyst role will develop and generate list reports to support Marketing/Servicing campaigns for Card, Auto and Mortgage. The analyst will be using the following: SQL, Excel, SAS, MS Office or equivalent reporting tools to assist the business in meeting operational objectives. This role will be working with program/channel managers to gather business requirements and will create program specifications that will capture the overall flow and details of the campaign. The analyst will follow standard procedures set by the line of business to ensure audit/reports are compliant with process adherence. This Analyst II role is for a senior level individual contributor who will be assigned to develop solutions for the most complex marketing campaigns.
Roles & Responsibilities –
- Primary responsibility is the development and execution of SAS/SQL code to define customer populations to be targeted in marketing campaigns.
- Research data elements to be used for targeting using database metadata.
- Auditcampaign populations to insure marketing requirements are met.
- Communicate with business contacts as necessary to help explain results.
- Establish strong business partnerships with other members of project teams.
- Can step in and represent the List Management area in technical meetings with IT and other areas.
- Mentors new and more junior List Management resources. Provides feedback to management on performance of these resources.
- Acts as an expert in departmental procedures, coming up with solutions to deliver work with quality and transparency while still meeting business needs.
- Takes on new, large and complex campaigns with minimal oversight
- Suggests process improvements and assists in updates of department’s documentation as needed.
Bachelors or higher degree with 5+ years experience, or a Masters degree with 1-3 years experience. A concentration in relevant technical fields is preferred (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SAS or demonstrated ability to quickly learn SAS.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as Oracle, Teradata.
- Experience with other programming languages (e.g.,VB, VBA, Java, Perl, Python, C++, Unix shell scripting) is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- A background in marketing operations, direct marketing or data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with Teradata is helpful but not required
- Experience with Unix or Linux.
- Excellent verbal communication and correspondence skills.
- Result oriented with proactive approach to resolving problems.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to listen/observe/acknowledge/lead by example and provide recommendations.
- Ability to articulate the causes of issues and comfortable to escalate concerns when necessary.
- · Ability to mentor others and act a leader amongst peers.
Planning and Organizing
- Good time management and ability to prioritize.
- Plan and organize with clarity and attention to detail; quality oriented.
- Proactively raises concerns when timelines are in jeopardy of not being met
- Adaptability to changing information systems environment.
Req #: 170036847