JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the leadership of the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and in support of the Manager of FP&A – Performance Alloys, the primary responsibility is to provide Sales / Financial Analysis and decision support to the Performance Alloys and Composites (PAC) Segment. Support the Director of FP&A in developing a world-class FP&A Team by developing PAC analysis tools and sharing best practices. Initial focus will be on implementing Business Intelligence system to facilitate ad-hoc analysis and automate sales and margin reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Analysis support to PAC:
- Serve as the PAC Functional Lead in the Business Intelligence (BI) system implementation.
- Actively seek to improve and automate systems that support sales, margin, and financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop flexible analysis tools and pro-forma templates to increase speed and accuracy of financial modeling.
- Perform margin analysis across all PAC Business Units and proactively seek out opportunities to expand margins.
- Provide Sales and Margin reports to PAC Business Units.
Financial Analysis support to Performance Alloys:
- Support the Manager of FP&A – Performance Alloys and the Alloy Strip and Alloy Non-Strip Sales, Marketing, and R&D (Commercial) Teams to ensure profitable customer and product line growth.
- Analyze and provide proactive recommendations to enhance existing product line performance (SKU profitability, SKU rationalization, etc.).
- Enhance, automate and maintain Product Line profitability reports (P&Ls).
- Analyze and monitor product line performance and commercial expenses vs. budget and forecast.
- Prepare quarterly reporting for Materion Corporate requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects and analysis / other duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel (less than 5% annually).
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
Five or more years of analysis/accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, with an understanding of product costing.
Must have highly advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence systems, relational databases and front-end querying tools. BI Implementation experience strongly preferred. SAP Business Warehouse experience is a plus.
Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Experience with SAP is desirable.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Possess the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Dependability, trustworthiness, and ability to work on confidential projects.
- Must abide by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and must be able to obtain security clearance, if necessary, to perform job functions.
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills.
- Must possess a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic and a results orientation.
- Willing to embrace change and able to implement change.
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
- Proven ability to forge strong cross-functional business partnerships.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Continuous improvement orientation / process improvement mindset.
- Good planning and organization skills combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful candidate must have the desire to expand knowledge, develop new skills, and advance career.