Sr. Information Security Consultant
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
• Provides strategic support of Splunk integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
• Interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
• Coordinate with other organizations (TMC/Incident Responders, Operations, Management) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
• Maintain the proper operation and performance of Splunk Forwarders, and clustered Indexers and Search Heads
• Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
• Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
• Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Security, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• 8 years overall IT experience
• 6+ experience with design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, and/or other security technologies
• Certified Splunk Architect or Consultant preferred
• Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
• Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing Use-Cases
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Technical writing of Installation/Deployment Procedures and requirements documentation
• Fluency in oral and written English language communication
Skills / Knowledge -
• Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk deployments.
• Basic understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications.
• Implementation/support of ArcSight and/or Splunk
• Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
• Risk Assessment - Ability to identify, communicate, and mitigate risk within technical solution designs
• Industry Knowledge - Continued self-education of new and emerging threats and relevant processes, controls, or technologies to mitigate them.