The Sales Director is responsible for building client relationships with enterprise, mid-market & SMB businesses within a specified region. People who excel at this job have the ability to prospect (via email, phone, & partner ecosystem), develop, and close business with-in a timely manner while focusing on the clients’ requirements. The Sales Directors must have the confidence and ability to negotiate and close agreements with Clients and support new customers through our on-boarding process.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high visibility, high impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Sales Director at Snowflake you will:
- Achieve sales quotas for allocated accounts and/or territory on a quarterly and annual basis by developing a sales strategy in the allocated territory with a target prospect list, and a regional sales plan.
- Develop marketing plans with the marketing team to drive revenue growth.
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive the Snowflake solution within the marketplace.
- Prospect qualification and the development of new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams.
- Arrange and conduct initial Executive and CxO discussions and positioning meetings.
- Sales process management and opportunity closure.
- Ongoing account management to ensure customer satisfaction and drive additional revenue streams.
- Be familiar with solution-based approach to selling, have experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
Our ideal Sales Director will have:
- BA/BS required.
- 3+ years of field sales experience preferred with an emphasis on database (SQL & NoSQL), ETL, or business intelligence.
- 5+ year’s experience in a Commercial Account Executive (or equivalent) role within the SaaS or related industry.
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships.
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week.
- New business sales focus.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions.
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment.
- Executive level relationship management.
- Ability to understand the "bigger picture" and the business drivers around IT.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Industry specific experience.
- Experience implementing MEDDPICC.
- Experience selling software or cloud based applications to the Enterprise is desired.