2085_4150 Human Resources
Expected Weekly Hours:
In alignment with the MHS Recruitment Strategy, source identify and interview candidates for clinical, professional, technical, clerical and service positions in accordance with Mercy Health System Policies and external regulations, collaborate in hiring decisions and salary recommendations. Track recruitment activities providing data related to vacancy, turnover and cost associated with the recruitment process. Develops, communicates and implements recruitmentstrategies.
Job Description Details:
In alignment with the MHS Recruitment Strategy, source identify and interview candidates for clinical, professional, technical, clerical and service positions in accordance with Mercy Health System Policies and external regulations, collaborate in hiring decisions and salary recommendations. Track recruitment activities providing data related to vacancy, turnover and cost associated with the recruitment process. Develops, communicates and implements recruitment strategies. Monitors success.
- Participates constructively in PI activities in the department
- Recognizes special needs/concerns of populations served and adjusts communication accordingly, i.e., language barrier, diminished hearing, concrete terms, etc.
- Manages requisition and position posting process. Ensures personnel requisitions and position descriptions are completed and approved for each open position in accordance with System policies prior to commencing recruitment activity. Closes positions at the time that position offers are accepted.
- Manages application flow. Maintains communication with hiring managers to ensure that on-line applicants are reviewed in a timely manner. Extracts resumes/applications of qualified candidates and refers for further consideration. Identifies appropriate candidates for interview and coordinates with department manager.
- Recruits candidates for exempt and non-exempt positions. Exhausts internal prospects prior to moving to outside sources.
- Develops recruitment strategies and monitors financial performance; prepares and disseminates relevant reports, tracking and trending, cost effectiveness analysis.
- Places recruitment advertising and online postings, collaborating with management, HR Director. Works with Mercy MARCOM and approved vendors to ensure consistent branding.
- Develops contacts with external sources such as colleges, technical schools; attends career events. Arranges and participates in Open Houses. Reviews external market competition in order to assist in planning and providing information that relates to recruitment and retention planning.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of new hire information into HRIS system.
- Assists with new colleague onboarding as needed.
- Facilitates and presents at new colleague orientation in the absence of the HR Director.
- Maintains current knowledge base of laws & regulations regarding recruitment.
- Ensures new colleague files are in compliance with regulation and policy.
- Coordinates internal transfers and offers.
Working directly with System Office Leaders and the Human Resources Leadership Team, provides leadership, facilitation and expertise of strategic and operational talent strategy, process and analytics for workforce recruitment.
Serves as a leader on a team of recruiters to develop and drive optimal talent acquisition and support the talent strategy.
Leads the development and implementation of a centralized recruitment process, including onboarding, to maximize efficiency and achieve results.
Strong preference for candidates with experience working in a centralized recruiting structure.
Bachelor's degree required in related field; a combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
Certification and Licensure
PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Proficient in project management; able to work projects through from idea to implementation and evaluation. Demonstrated communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to function positively and professionally in a complex fast-paced environment. Adept at handling multiple clients; meeting service level agreements and providing excellent service. Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, database management and other software applications. Knowledge of Workday preferred.
Requires five (5) to eight (8) years of recruiting/staffing experience; minimum of three (3) to five (5) years healthcare recruitment preferred. Five (5) years progressive experience in area of staffing/recruiting and/or other functional areas of Human Resources preferred. Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.