Arconic is currently in search of a Lead Area Manager to join our team in Davenport, Iowa and support our Global Rolled Products – GRP Operations Business Unit.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic’s Davenport aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs over 2,500 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment to increase automotive sheet production, Davenport has maintained its position as the world’s premier aerospace supply plant and is today a hub of Arconic’s $4 billion aerospace business.
The objective of the Lead Area Manager is to be accountable for results within his/her respective Department and Area in Environment and Safety, Productivity, Customer Delivery, People Development, and Quality using ABS systems (Lean Manufacturing) such as TPM, daily Management, 5S etc. The Lead Area Manager has 24/7 accountability for a department consisting of approximately 230 direct and indirect reports, including production, maintenance and salaried employees. The Lead Area Manager will be the primary customer/supplier representative for his/her department and area in the horizontal help chain for its respective flowpath.
The Lead Area Manager will engage the resources at his/her disposal to meet the focus area objectives set by the Executive Managers in support of the business objectives. These objectives will be achieved without sacrificing a spirit of cooperation with other areas, to not detrimentally impact the vitality of Davenport Works. Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS): The incumbent recognizes that accident prevention is equal in importance to production, quality, delivery and cost control, and accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among fellow employees.
- Lead Kaizen, TPM, and safety events in his/her respective areas.
- Lead department objectives coordination with other Area Managers.
- Lead Process Metallurgical and Process Engineers in fulfilling area objectives.
- Accountable for Area and Department expenses.
- Provide additional coaching/mentoring to Managers in the Department.
- Setting/reviewing annual development and performance objectives for his/her direct Reports.
- Actively participating in the development of the Departmental Business Plan. Setting, executing, and reporting 30-60-90 day plans in support of the Departmental Business Plan.
- Actively participating in the development of the Departmental annual budget.
- Ensuring the daily management board is developed, implemented, and maintained so as to facilitate appropriate focus on the departments’ objectives, performance, and improvements being made.
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/ leadership role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering or other technical field from an accredited institution.
- Experience in a leadership role in a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a casting environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead a team.
- The ability to manage and influence employees that do not structurally report to them.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.