Delta Air Lines is seeking a Java Developer to work on its Delta Connection Portfolio, a pivotal function in Delta's operations. This is an exciting role offering the chance to utilize various technologies such as J2EE, XML, web services, Oracle, and expanding into mobile technologies.
In the Delta Connection portfolio, you will be working on applications that interface with Delta's connection carrier partners, in a fast-paced and exciting environment. The individual will be working with our business partners in Delta's Operational Customer Center, Delta's Brand department, as well as with IT departments from other carriers.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Primary responsibilities include designing, developing and implementing Java/J2EE applications.
- Provide technical support of application development and govern the implementations of the applications.
- Provide operational support to include 24 x 7 coverage on a team rotation
- Design and develop solutions with multiple technologies, complex environments and determine which is appropriate for the situation
- Capable of implementing industry best-practice processes related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues
- Participating in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Participate in the development effort resulting in well structured, easily maintained program code.
- Meet all established policies and procedures within technology and corporate environment for the assigned projects
- Prepare and review estimates for tasks and/or projects
- Prepare and execute unit, system and integration test scripts
- Ability to perform across all phases of system development for multiple complex projects; including coding, technical design, and end-to-end testing
- Ability to clearly document own work products and review and contribute to the documentation across multiple projects
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns (Core Java, EJB, JDBC, JMS, WebSphere/RAD tools, and Servlets).
- Experience developing applications with Oracle and other relational Databases
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, collaborative, creative, proactive, and good communicator are non-technical skills that will fit best in our environment
- Understands how to transform business and functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures. Strong OO design skills.
- Exposure to query tools (SQL Navigator) and a basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Some familiarity of SDLC from design through production implementation (Agile and Waterfall).
- Familiar with web service technologies such as JaxWS, SOAP, and WSDL
- Familiar with MS Office and Visio
- Excellent analytical, technology, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Organized with an ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilize time effectively.
- Passion and interest in of a variety of different digital technologies such as Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- A small amount of travel is required in this position (<5% primarily between ATL and MSP locations)<BR>
- Self-starter (self-empowered), highly motivated individual, and a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
Requisition #: 267938