JOB SUMMARY: Manages North America activities of a group of Sales Support Operations business units/groups/areas/programs, providing internal business support/services/ for the North America field organizations. Leads management staff, reviews the assignment of work and responsible for results. Responsible for the design and implementation of sales goals and compensation structure, business analytics and reporting, sales effectiveness, demand generation reporting, and management of the field fleet. Responsible for group budget, operating policies and procedures. Contributes to development of overall sales and Customer Operations department strategies and direction. Supports quality management system and other compliance requirements. Performs other duties as assigned. Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of sales goals and compensation structure.
- Manages activities of a group of Sales Support business units/groups/areas/programs
- Manages staff and/or Managers/Supervisors, assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Builds customer relationships and manages escalated/critical issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development. Leads the development of department budget, policies and procedures. Contributes to development of overall Sales and Customer Operations department direction and strategies.
- Responsible for demand generation reporting and other business analytics.
- Leads work activities of the business unit/group/area/program, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing internal and external customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Identifies and implements strategies and efficiencies to ensure sales and customer operations effectiveness and align with business financial strategies.
- Develop and ensure execution of the field sales support activities and opportunities through the Sales Leadership teams
- Develop and implement sales procedures and processes to maximize performance.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to Sales Leadership and Sr Management to concisely summarize performance to targets on revenue, headcount and sales and customer operations effectiveness.
- Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed. Provides internal/external customer feedback and leads/participates in internal teams/projects as needed.
- Leads/contributes to process/other improvements based on evaluation of existing procedures and business needs. Utilizes data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize sales force and customer operations effectiveness. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively takes action to address issues. Strives for continuous improvement.
- Prepares reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Maintains knowledge of Company products and services and business operations knowledge as well as changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experiencerequired, preferably in business or finance.
- Typically 10+ years related work experience, which includes typically 7-10+ years progressive experience in Sales Operations or Finance, preferable Sales Finance
- Extensive business acumen; leader and influencer.
- Consults with, builds consensus and leads senior leadership in establishing strategies and objectives for internal and external organization.
- Proactively advises, develops and leads IDEXX at all levels to more effectively accomplish objectives through internal and external organization.
- Extensively networked in all levels of IDEXX.
- Works under minimal supervision
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills and ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner across multiple business units.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills in order to insure continued growth.
- Effective communication (presentations, correspondence, and 1-on-1) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization.
- Project management skills and abilities.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travelrequired.
- Normal office environment.
- Normal office noise level.