Job Description athena’s Talent Management team is focused on building a high-performing company culture comprised of engaged employees who work as one to achieve athena’s mission of making healthcare work as it should. The Human Resources Business Partner acts as a key organizational advisor to management within assigned business divisions. The HR Business Partner will partner with HR and divisional leadership to execute HR strategies, programs and processes that drive performance excellence.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to support a business units’ employees, management, and leadership. We are looking for a highly adaptive individual, who is enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting with a diverse range of stakeholder groups in different areas of our rapidly growing company. This role is based in our Belfast, ME office and reports to the Director of Human Resources. Up to 15% travel is predicted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops strong business relationships with business and functional leaders and their respective organizations; helps solve business problems and aligns human resources strategies and solutions to produce business results.
- Serves as a strategic partner and change agent to business leaders and management teams on key human capital issues.
- Builds and leverages understanding of the job design, organizational structure and business dynamics of the division the HR Business Partner supports, as well as divisions that are key internal partners
- Collaborates with COEs and enterprise Shared Services to provide best-in-class talent management, organizational development, employee relations and compensation and benefits solutions to the business.
- Influences leaders to make effective current and future talent decisions and to develop effective workforce plans
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers within stakeholder groups to fill open positions with top talent while identifying and escalating appropriate alternatives for hard to fill positions.
- Provides developmental coaching and feedback to leaders and people managers.
- Advises the business in establishing clear and enticing internal career paths for their organizations
- Identifies current and future talent development and learning requirements.
- Executes and build upon existing performance programs (e.g talent reviews, appraisal processes); and identifying opportunities to strengthen the status quo
- Partners with management on employee relations scenarios including ADA, FMLA, and other sensitive situations; conduct investigations as required and advise the business on most effective solution.
- Partners with the Total Rewards team on compensation strategies enabling the organization’s ability to attract and retain top talent
- Works with HR Operations and Shared Services teams to execute regularly occurring reorganizations and employee changes.
- Serve as a program manager for large scale HR projects as assigned
- Facilitates and presents team development presentations, exercises, models, and activities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 5-8years or more of experience gained through increasingly responsible positions within Human Resources; at least 5 years of experience in a strategic HR Business Partnering role.
- Demonstrated history of change management successes related to HR operations.
- Working experience in the technology industry required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated leadership in building and implementing programs in one or more functional areas of the HR discipline-- which may include recruiting, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, training and organizational development—preferably in the technology or professional services industry during a period of rapid growth
- Ability to provide credible HR guidance to and influence management at all levels, including Senior Leadership
- Exceptional communication skills, including group presentation and relationship development skills
- Professional, confident manner and poised and articulate demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personality types and all job levels
- Demonstrated history of exemplary ethics and integrity, including ability to handle and maintain the integrity of confidential information
- Active commitment to the identification and appropriate resolution of all business issues, whether they are rooted in business problems or are pure compliance concerns
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for projects
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters]