This position is tasked with gathering relevant data and translating the data into actionable plans and improvement strategies. The Business Analyst position will support our mission of implementing repeatable and sustainable processes to ensure on-going compliance with domestic and international regulations and standards by using real-time data and real-time decision making.
- Monitor data and trends relative to the quality system; compile the data into reports that managers can use and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct analysis of relevant metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Provide support in the form of data for regulatory, third-party, notified body and internal audits.
- Responsible for enhancement of reporting capabilities utilizing various systems and tools to meet management’s need for internal reporting and monitoring.
- Responsible for development of new reporting capabilities in the area of quality metric reporting.
- Research, develop, test and implement processes and controls to address new need to ensure accurate reporting of data. Requires coordination with all stakeholders to ensure that the process is working, is understood, and tested and appropriate staff are trained.
- Proactively provide support with automation of tasks/procedures, enhanced reporting solutions and ad-hoc requests.
- Support a safe, clean and secure working environment by supporting procedures, rules and regulations; supports plant safety committees that evaluate plant machinery, equipment and working conditions.
- Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
RequiredExperience & Skills
- 3-5 years experience
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience enabling changes within an organization by analyzing data, defining needs and formulating solutions
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Self-starter that is highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels within the STERIS organization and work effectively and professionally with external people including Customers and government officials.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple high priority responsibilities on-time and effectively.
- Ability to interpret and translate data into solving business problems
- Excellent PC skills and software capabilities