The Senior Digital Video Engineer is responsible for the engineering design and standards related to acquisition, processing, transport and delivery of the digital video services to Viamedia MVPD customers/partners. The Senior Digital Video Engineer is responsible for identifying best practices and establishing technical standards for the engineering designs involving video services. The Senior Digital Video Engineer works with his peers in the Technical Operations and IT groups, onsite engineering personnel in Viamedia MVPD markets, other enterprise departments, vendors and contractors. Additionally the Senior Digital Video Engineer will provide Viamedia staff with training materials to create and promote understanding of Technical Services. Manages relationships with MVPD headend/technical staff in order to achieve project deadlines. Creates and maintains timelines for project completions, as they arrive. Works closely with MVPD technical staff, maintaining highest level of customer support/satisfaction. Will be involved in capital planning/process, as well as PNL management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING*
- Project oversight of all aspects of Headend equipment planning, design and rollout
- Must be able to present project plans to MVPD/Partner(s)
- MVPD/Partner(s) reporting and presentations as needed
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Overnight Travel will be required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Digital Video Transport/Delivery within Headend Environment
- Technical planning, design and documentation experience
- 4 year college degree (Communications/Technical)
- SCTE certifications
- Self-motivated , customer service minded
- Project management experience
- Experience with IPTV