Vice President, Environmental Affairs and Sustainability
Develop the Chamber’s priorities and implement strategic recommendations for environmental and sustainability policy.
• Work with senior leadership across the organization to develop a long-term vision and a proactive organizational and advocacy strategy for environmental and sustainability policy.
• Drive value for existing and prospective members by providing proactive and reactive federal legislative analysis and solutions to advance member interests.
• Initiate and conduct strategic analysis of environmental and sustainability policy proposals and prioritize issues for members.
• Ensure that Chamber positions in the environmental and sustainability space are aligned with overall policy positions and initiatives.
• Ensure that the Chamber is viewed as an influential leader on environmental and sustainability issues and a trusted resource for key industry leaders, policymakers, and influencers.
• Develop strategic partnerships with key companies and other organizations to advance bipartisan, forward-thinking initiatives and policies in the environmental and sustainability space.
• Drive creative solutions in concert with internal groups to design and achieve policy and regulatory successes.
• Represent the Chamber and its members by speaking at events, testifying before Congress, and communicating to the press, members, and allies on issues around strategic goals and initiatives.
• Identify, secure, and manage external coalitions that add value.
• Seek opportunities to increase the visibility of the Chamber and its work on environmental and sustainability-related programming.
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a field related to energy or environmental science; an advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years in a leadership role in an advocacy setting with comprehensive knowledge of environmental policy and related industry issues.
• A deep understanding of the scale, nuance, key players, and political discourse surrounding these issues.
• Knowledge of Congress and the federal legislative and political processes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well on a team and deal effectively with individuals including top officials in government and the private sector.
• Knowledge of key issues and players on climate and clean energy issues.
• Ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit to, and act on new approaches and gain support from others.
• Demonstrated ability to write and present information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
• A strategic leader with political acumen and a track record of accomplished successes.
• Media experience.
• Strong ability to forge solid working relationships with colleagues across an organization.
• Creative problem solver.
• Able to identify and secure nontraditional partners to accomplish shared goals.