We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Security position is part of Finance Administration within the Corporate Real Estate Department. The security department serves as the protector or guardian of the Company’s properties, assets, employees, clients, proprietary information as well as the firm’s reputation.
What you’ll do:
- Oversight for the physical security and safety programs for the Westlake Service Center. Covering over 130,199 sq.ft. occupied by approximately 600 employees.
- Oversight for the physical security and safety programs for the new DFW-Westlake Schwab Corporate campus which is currently under construction and scheduled to be completed in mid-2019. Covering over 550,000 sq. ft. with a total maximum occupancy of 3,000 employees.
- Management of 8 Allied Universal security officers
- Responsibility for all Security/Safety training
- Oversight of the local fingerprinting/badging programs
- Threat Awareness and Assessment
- Liaison with Schwab internal partners (Compliance, Property Management, Legal, Employee Relations and Executives).
- Conduct Investigations (thefts, violence, intrusions, etc. and related incident reports)
- Coordinate the Westlake Floor Warden program
- Provide certification training for CPR, AED, First Aid and Active Threat
- Host annual Emergency Preparedness Fair
- Core Emergency Response Team member for Westlake and Regional Branches
- Emergency Manager: liaison with local law enforcement, federal, state and community emergency management agencies.
- Committee/Group Participation (ERT, Facilities Projects, Mgm’t meetings)
- Security oversight for all construction projects in Westlake
- Oversight for the physical security and safety programs of the Regional Branches, covering approximately 25 branch locations.
- Ongoing communication with Branch Management
- Yearly onsite branch inspections
- Conduct investigations (thefts, threats, intrusions, etc. and related incident reports)
What you have:
- Experience managing budgets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers, clients and leadership
- Familiarity with securitytechnology (CCTV and access control systems)
- Proficient in basic computer applications (word, excel, power point, etc.)
- Leadership and management experience
- Experience with risk identification, assessment and mitigation
- Travel is required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life