Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately $9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Eastman has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer who will provide daily plant support and implement projects driven either by productivity, process safety management or reliability.
Examples of position responsibilities include:
- Identify productivity improvement projects by analyzing production data, making mass & heat balances of the process, modelling and simulating the process, pinch analyses and other quantification methods
- Propose production tests in order to collect data for productivity improvement projects. Evaluate the results of production tests.
- Troubleshoot daily operational issues – interface with operations and maintenance personnel as problems are addressed
- Monitor and continually optimize process operation; provide guidance to operations personnel to ensure that key energy consumption, yield, selectivity and production targets are met.
- Generate Management of Change (MOC) documents to address plant issues as required, complete engineering aspects of MOC documentation
- Develop capital projects (includes developing scope, conducting project safety reviews, generating estimates, serving as project manager when funds are approved etc). Develop all conceptual design, basic engineering and process-related input for detailed engineering deliverables. Interface with contract project engineering personnel if needed. Projects may address issues with process, utilities and/or plant infrastructure.
- Calculate heat & material balances from actual plant data; use modelling and simulation software
- Follow new technology developments and evaluate opportunities to implement in existing plants
- Cooperate with research and development (R&D) of new processes in order to guarantee that the final research report contains all required input for the plant design
- Cooperate with new business development activities in order to estimate the capex need (order of magnitude) for implementing business growth plans
Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
5-10 years experience in petrochemical industry, in either Engineering or Operations technical support role
• Proficiency in Distillation Unit Operation
• Have a strong background in computer software applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, ASPEN+ modeling software, Access etc
• Experience with DCS programming (Honeywell TDC 3000 or similar) would be helpful, but not required
• Good written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Be a team player in a team environment
• Be a self-starter and a self-motivator
• Be willing to travel on short notice
• Have the ability to respond to call outs and flexibility to work overtime and extended hours during week days (including weekends and holidays if needed)
• Have a desire to make a measurable positive impact to plant performance and Eastman profitability
• Have a desire to obtain hands on experience in a plant operating environment