More information about this job
Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises.
Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Who you are:
A Technical Sales Engineer with strong technological aptitude, ability to learn on the fly, move quickly and stay current possessing phenomenal interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills looking to join a rapidly expanding organization.
What you’ll do:
Individuals in the Technical Sales Engineer position are responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work closely with the sales and Mattersight technical teams to provide technical expertise, presentations, proposals, statements of work, and RFP responses
- Create and lead technical presentations with customer technology teams to educate them on Mattersight’s solutions and how they would integrate into the their environment
- Develop a strong working relationship with customer and Mattersight technical architects, technical delivery, project and application support teams
- Proactively engage in personal development and technical training that supports the technologies being developed by Mattersight and in use by Mattersight’s customers
- Domestic travel estimated to be between 0-1 nights 2-3 times per month
What you definitely have:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a consulting environment. Additional requirements include:
- Experience with Avaya CM, Cisco UCCE, Genesys Voice Platform and cloud based telephony platforms in an enterprise call center environment
- Interpersonal sales skills with the ability to listen, comprehend, communicate effectively and solve technical challenges across many technical disciplines
- Strong working knowledge of Web Services, RESTful systems, hardware platforms, networks, and distributed applications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
Frankly put, Big Data is exploding. That explosion is presenting all kinds of interesting avenues for our business, which is allowing our teams to grow professionally, technically and personally.
This is exciting technology in an exciting space, and we want YOU to come join us on this adventure. If you want to grow and contribute in ways you didn’t expect, contact us today and see what matters.