Quality Assurance Analyst
The Tyler appraisal and Tax Division is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team of software testers and automation engineers. As a QA Analyst you would participate in all stages of the software development life cycle to design and execute tests, identify and track defects and complete all necessary tasks that result in the release of high quality software to Tyler clients. You would also be responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the software, writing test design specifications, manually testing software using multiple test methodologies, participating in the automation process, and continuously looking for ways to improve the QA process. This is an opportunity for self-starting individuals with a strong software testing background to make an immediate impact producing agile, data driven test designs covering web and mobile UIs with an opportunity to grow into a QA leadership role.
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing and provide approvals during development sprints, integration, release, regression and patch software development phases
- Design, implement, and execute manual test cases and plans based on product functional specifications, product review and interviews with Product Managers and SME’s.
- Execute black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage
- Participate in agile development projects and assist in the design of acceptance test criteria for new product feature stories
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system
- Analyze software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports or enhancement suggestions to the Development Manager and developers
- Remain up-to-date with testing technologies/methodologies, QA industry standards, principles and practices
- Partner with management to enhance quality and process standards to ensure on-time, efficient and high quality QA results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable work experience.
- Two or more years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Use of one or more of the following:
- HP Quick Test Pro 11.5
- HP Quality Center
- Visual Studio Test Professional 2013
- Microsoft Test Manager or open source frameworks such as Selenium a plus.
- Two or more years’ business analysis, software technical support analysis or comparable work experience.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices with a proven ability to efficiently write effective test cases that provide in depth coverage of functionality
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving executing on multiple priorities using strong time management skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Must be deadline and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including root cause analysis and sound independent decision making.
- Solid understanding of software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- Basic experience with databases and a general understanding of SQL and queries.
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes
- Exposure to automated test script development using C# or similar coding language a plus.
Requisition Number: 6017049-1