Job Description - Manager, Business Development (SNX00002607)
Manager, Business Development - (SNX00002607)
Everyone has a story to tell. If you have a passion for advancing technology solutions, always putting customer first and want to become part of a team that thrives on excellence in the rapidly changing world of technology, build your career story with us. Our associates are our strength and we are continually focused on creating a work environment that is fun and inclusive with a sense of work-life balance and charitable giving. Our next chapter can be your success!
Manager, Business Development, Mobility Solutions
SYNNEX uses the latest technology to help us screen during our recruitment process. The first step in our process is your application to this job posting. The next step could involve a digital interview, which is an interview conducted using your computer’s webcam or your mobile device answering pre-set interview questions. Your interview will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Partner or hiring manager, so please treat it just as you would an in-person interview.
Transform a Page in Your Career Story
- Supervise and lead a mixed team of sales and business development professionals.
- Train, coach, motivate and evaluate the team on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the Business Dev/Sales team is trained to reach/exceed sales goals, recruit new partners, monitor slippage/gains, movement of accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong field engagement relationships with partners
- Develop solution marketing strategies and employ tactics to produce market-premium revenue growth and market-leading profitability.
- Develop a viable business plan to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Identifying and secure new business opportunities and partnerships.
- Develop, implement and manage strategic initiatives with key partners.
- Coordinate and interface with key managers throughout the organization.
- Interface regularly with sales management to communicate goals and objectives.
- Foster, promote and strengthen relationships with key customers, telecom/wireless providers and vendors
- Assess and evaluate competition from other distributors, other market participants, and external markets – as well as between suppliers and partners.
- Manage communications to the partner base by email, social media, events and other forums.
- Design and drive cross-sell initiatives across multiple business units in the organization.
What makes you a bestseller?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 8 years of related sales or business development experience (with a minimum of 3 or more in a leadership role.)
- Prior wireless or telecom carrier experience is required
- Experience working with IT, telecom and wireless channels is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the wireless telecom business is a strong asset
- Strong business communications skills including, but not limited to preparing reports, speaking before groups of people, and negotiation.
- Collaboration skills (ability to work on a cross functional basis; liaison with vendors and customers; support sales and business development)
- Experience in meeting and/or exceeding sales/business development revenue, profitability and productivity goals.
- Manages process improvements throughout organization.
- Detail and numbers oriented.
- Understanding of the interfaces between the sales, marketing and business development processes.
- Ability to present ideas and influence a group of people at all levels.
- Presents BD strategies to group leadership.
- Ability to conduct market intelligence work.
- Demonstrated contracts management skills and experience.
- Ability to lead and develop a vision.
- Frequent travel will be required.