New Business Development Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Plastics
Toray Plastics America, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is the only U.S. manufacturer of precision-performance polyester, polypropylene, metallized, and bio-based films. We produce film for flexible and rigid packaging, lidding, graphic, industrial, optical, and electronic applications.
Toray Plastics is relentless in its pursuit of product innovation and quality on behalf of customers. Our plants are streamlined, technologically advanced, and equipped with the capability to add value well beyond basic film and foam production.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a New Business Development Manager at our Front Royal, VA facility. Reporting to the Sales Director, the NBD Manager is responsible for developing and managing new business of the Company’s foam products.
Position is focused on selling into industrial, packaging, and distribution markets. Manages existing accounts seeking to expand volume, introduce new products and enhance margin.
Monitors business activities and competitors’ actions within the PE and PP foam markets seeking to gain market share by expanding customer base and product usage. Partners with customers and prospects to develop sound business solutions for foam applications.
Provides timely feedback to management concerning product acceptance, need for new products, emerging opportunities and challenges. Promotes and strengthens customer relations through the prompt resolution of customer problems. Remains technically proficient and knowledgeable concerning the Company’s product offerings and capabilities.
1. Identifies opportunities in the industrial, packaging, and distribution markets for TPA foam products. Develops relationships with prospects, defines qualification process, and executes to commercialize.
2. Defines and tracks new business pipeline, detailing the scope of the opportunity (volume and revenue), stages and status of commercialization, and timeline.
3. Manages the sales of Company products within an assigned territory and/or among selected customers. Develops and implements selling strategies designed to enhance sales volume and margin while promoting solid customer relations.
4. Monitors business conditions and competitors activities so as to be in a position to take maximum advantage of developing situations. Works with customers developing foam solutions designed to meet their needs while enhancing sales volume and promoting the use of our full product line.
5. Acts as the primary interface between the customer and the Company resolving issues in a timely, professional manner. Ensures any required follow-up takes place. Escalates issues when needed in order to resolve issues.
6. Develops and maintains a high degree of technical competence with regard to Company products and customers’ specifications. Directs the involvement of engineering or technical support personnel when necessary.
7. Develops thorough, well planned sales presentations designed to inform customers of TPA’s capabilities. Provides input to new product development and marketing personnel concerning product introductions and planned lifecycles. Provides support at trade shows/exhibitions.
8. Complies with administrative requirements in the areas of expense reporting, order preparation and sales reporting.
9. May participate as a member of a sales project team developing sales strategies, developing and presenting training or mentoring less senior sales personnel.
10. Ensures that sales management is made aware in a timely manner of any developments that impact the ability to meet established goals.
11. Travels as required to manage existing business and to develop new opportunities. Requirements Skills & Qualifications:
Demonstrated technical sales skills with engineered materials. Strong Financial and/or Technical Skills required. Strong communications skills – oral, written and presentation.
Ability to manage projects across multiple levels within a large customer (i.e. working with Engineers, Managers, Directors, VP’s, Plant Personnel) Ability to close sales and handle difficult customer relations situations.
Time management skills/organizational and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong PC skills to include word processing, Excel and presentation software. Ability to quickly establish and maintain professional business relationships.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science. Five-to-seven years experience in technical sales with demonstrated ability to develop and commercialize new business opportunities
Note: Finalist selected must live within a commutable distance of our Front Royal, VA facility or be willing to be relocated to the Front Royal area.
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Requisition Number 17-0039
Title New Business Development Manager.